Equality in School
Yarm Primary complies with The Public Sector Equality Duty.
Equality should enhance learning through:
- eliminating unlawful discrimination and harassment
- promoting equality of opportunity across the school community and celebrating diversity
- improved outcomes for children, staff and parents/carers in all aspects of school life, in the wider community and in employment.
- Encouraging behaving in a manner which respects and values cultural and linguistic diversity.
- Providing challenge and eliminating discrimination, harassment and abuse.
- Equipping pupils with an awareness of our diverse society and to appreciate the value of difference;
- Consistently promoting that discrimination is not acceptable;
- Developing and preparing all our pupils for by providing equal access to a rich, balanced and creative curriculum.
- Promoting the school community to contribute towards a happy and caring environment and by showing respect for, and appreciation of, one another as individuals.
- Supporting the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child
Yarm Primary School is part of the Enquire Learning Trust and so adheres to Trust policies which can be found HERE
If you would like hard copies of documents/policies that are posted on the website, please do not hesitate to contact the School Office